Monday, July 21, 2014

Relationship Application: Cover Letter

Dating is hard. To put all your best qualities for a potential mate to see is hard in a social setting. With that being said, I have now forgone traditional dating procedures and will do it in a process I am much better at: applying for jobs.

Below is my cover letter for applying to be in a relationship with a nice young lady. If you are interested please e-mail me or contact me via LinkedIn (the superior dating website).

References available upon request.




To Whom It May Concern,

My name is James Calvet and I am applying to be in a romantic relationship with you. Below are a list of my best qualities that would make me the perfect fit for this position. Also below is a head shot to know what you're getting into. I am available for both a full-time or part-time position. Thank you.

List of reasons why you should date me:


  •        I have a beard
  •        I am good at cooking
  • ·      I play guitar and drums and banjo and mandolin and piano
  • ·      I can write you a song if you ask nicely
  • ·      I have a car
  • ·      I shower every day
  • ·      I tell "dad jokes" all the time
  • ·      I can take you to concerts for free
  • ·      I've never been arrested
  • ·      I actually clean my living space
  • ·      Your parents will love me
  • ·      I am spontaneous
  • ·      I have an impressive vinyl record collection
  • ·      I have an impressive cassette collection
  • ·      I have many leather bound books
  • ·      And my apartment smells of rich mahogany
  • ·      I open doors for women
  • ·      I give pretty good hugs
  • ·      I don't have an STD
  • ·      I have 2 jobs that are really cool
  • ·      Don't want to go out this weekend? Cool! I have some VHS tapes we can watch
  • ·      I'm not an alcoholic
  • ·      I'm not addicted to drugs
  • ·      I have a good relationship with my parents
  • ·      I get good grades
  • ·      I love animals
  • ·      I make good lists

James Calvet
james.calvet@colorado.edu


2 comments:

  1. Okay you shifty sonofabitch. In your bio you say you hate lists, but you make good lists?! WHO ARE YOU PRETENDING TO BE?!

    ReplyDelete